Re: Common Laundry Question
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 08:13:24 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 15, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Douglas G. Larson <ddhle [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

> 3)  Since the laundry room is next to our guest room, we ask that laundry
> use not occur before the hour of 8am or after 10pm if there are guests
> present. If no guests are present, then anyone can use it any time they
> like.

Just FYI. This would greatly bulk up our laundry room. We have people who do
laundry at midnight, start to finish, and some who put laundry in even later
and switch to a dryer on their way to work. Or earlier even earlier in the
morning when they go out to run. One couple does laundry at 11:00 pm while they
watch news from Africa in the living room next door.

In relation to dryer vent cleaning, I was trying to determine who the 11 people
were who didn't have washers and dryers. I could only name 6 whom I had seen
using the machines. I was told about the night shift.

Also, I would add that just like the size of the unit not necessarily being
predictive of the number of people in the unit, the number of hours people
spend in the laundry room doesn't seem to be related directly to the number of
people in the unit. One household of one person seems to be there for hours
more than one day a week. One with two adults and two children is there for 2-3
hours once a week, or less.

(I have my own machines and only use the room for large items but I pass by
often.)

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines