Re: Common laundry question
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 22:21:09 -0800 (PST)
Jerry,
    Don't assume your drying habits will be replicated by your neighbors. At
Swans Market Cohousing we track usage and I can tell you that 80% of our
households always machine dry their wash and the other 20% sometimes do.  So I
suspect having fewer dryers than washers will turn out to be a mistake which
will cause big back ups and longer wait times.  I agree that a folding counter
or table space in the laundry room is very desirable.
      Another advantage to common laundry facilities vs every household having
their own hook up is use of space.  Not having to have a washer dryer in my
unit means I have more space available for closets, or a pantry or whatever I'd
much rather have.
                        Bonnie Fergusson
                        Swans Market Cohousing
                         Oakland, CA