Re: Common laundry question
From: Nancy Baumeister (nancybeepeak.org)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:01:14 -0800 (PST)
Laundry is a topic near to my heart. That would account for all the replies you in CoHo-land are getting from me.

The average household with an electric clothes dryer will use 1,079 KWh per year to dry clothes (2001 data http://www.eia.gov/emeu/recs/recs2001/enduse2001/enduse2001.html). That amount of electricity generated by our local utility produces about 2/3 of a ton of CO2 . http://www.pacificpower.net/ya/po/otou/fsei.html

For those wishing to reduce carbon footprint that is an easy way to lop off a big chunk.

Nancy