Re: Looking for folks to have a community technology conversation with
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:40:44 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 19, 2012, at 1:25 AM, Neil Planchon <neil [at] swansway.com> wrote:

> How is your community communicating? What tools are you using to keep in
> touch?
> Are you using shared online calendars? Collaborative spaces?

I started a yahoogroup to discuss developing a Wordpress application that would
do all these things with plugins. It isn't very active (at all) but its there
and has 15 members who use Wordpress. After an initial flurry of messages, it
dies down. To subscribe send a blank message to:

coho-wordpress-subscribe [at] yahoogroups.com

We have a public and a private website set up on Wordpress. We use an
application a member wrote using CGI scripts, etc., for guest room reservations
and CalendarWiz for other CH reservations and Administrative reminders.

We have a lot of  Yahoogroups and set up a new one for new working groups or
subteam.

What I would love to have is a calendar integrated with Wordpress so we could
put all our calendars in one place on our members only website. I just haven't
had the time to learn the ones out there-- and they are ugly as sin, probably
uglier.

I would also like to have an online meals calendar. Sean Davy has done a nice
application but I would like on based on open source software for which there
is online documentation and discussion forums.

I invite anyone to join the coho-wordpress group, introduce your issues, and
restart the conversation.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines