Re: Affordability Specifics
From: Angela Alston (angeladallascohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 14:48:07 -0800 (PST)
From what I understand--my husband has a background in commercial real estate
and construction--new construction is ALWAYS more expensive.

That's why, to keep Dallas Cohousing affordable, we plan to retrofit an
existing building.

We have our eye on one, and are estimating that, units will cost $105-$120 /
sq. foot, depending on size (the smaller, the higher cost per foot), after
retrofit.

Compare this to, in the same neighborhood, $160-$225 / sq. foot for new
construction.

best,
Angela

Angela Alston