Re: Searching for a cohousing community that is satisfied with how its workshare is working. We want to learn from you.
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:39:58 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 18, 2013, at 1:29 PM, oz <oz [at] ozragland.com> wrote:

> Here's a write-up on the Passion Principle from the ic wiki.
>
> http://wiki.ic.org/wiki/Passion_principle

The problem with the passion principle is those with the passion end up doing
all the work, or the whole place slides to the lowest common denominator.

Many people who live in cohousing will do work if it is organized and
distributed fairly, but their passion is in their day job or hobbies, not
running a cohousing community.

Sharon
====
Sharon Villines
Co-author with John Buck of We the People: Consenting to a Deeper Democracy, a
Guide to Sociocratic Principles and Methods
http://www.sociocracy.info