A question to start things off with...
From: WRIGHTS (WRIGHTScarleton.edu)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 92 22:33 CST
I hope this is an appropriate way to start.  If not, I'll pipe down.

One of the things I like to think about in my spare moments is what kind of
house I'd like to build.  Usually, this means what kind of houses, since I'd
really like to live with a bunch of other folks.  My current favorite idea is
to have several small houses all opening onto a central largish courtyard.  In
my head I see a wall around the whole thing, though that's kind of feudal.

Given your choice of sites, and a decent budget, what would _you_ do?

steve