small Cohousing communities
From: John Davis, MSCD Psychology, Box 54, 303-556-4446 (DAVISJZENO.MSC.Colorado.EDU)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 92 10:50 CST
I am part of a seven-household community which has many elements of
cohousing.  We share a number of amenities, including garden, chickens, bees,
playgroung, and large equipment.  In addition, we share decision-making and
chores along with celebrations and other social gatherings.  On the other
hand, becaue of our small size and history, there are other elements of
typical cohousing communitites that we do not have.  For instance, we do
not share meals.  Also, a desire for one household to opt out of a particular
activity, such as the garden or a work day, has bigger consequences than I
imagine in a larger community.  This may be similar to the experiences
reported by the small community in the Cohousing book.

I would like to share notes with others involved in a small community like
ours.

John V. Davis, davisj [at] zeno.mscd.edu or 3743 nelson rd, Longmont, CO 80503.