re: SF Bay Area Cohousing
From: apguirard (apguirardmmm.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 93 11:58 CST
Rachel, reading your message about your search for cohousing, I was dismayed
at a reference to a "women's cohousing group."  I feel strongly that groups
who exclude certain classes of people, on the basis of age, sex, race,
religion, or
what have you, are entirely missing the point of cohousing.  Diversity in a
community
is important because there is value in alternate viewpoints and because, if
you want to raise children, they should be exposed to the variety of human
culture and opinion so that they learn how to accept and deal with people whose
backgrounds differ from their own.  Cohousing should not be a shelter from the
real world -- I don't offhand know what would be more boring.
     ____ ____   ___     Andre Guirard
      /   /__/  / __     2188 Fremont St.       apguirard [at] mmm.com
     /   /  \  /__/      St. Paul, MN 55119