Cohousing in eastern Mass.
From: Scott Shurr (faceworld.std.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 93 11:10 CST
Hello all,
It's nice to see that the volume of the co-housing list is finally picking
up.  I don't know how many subscribers are in the Boston area, but the
following information about 2 cohousing groups I know of may be helpful.

Center for Collaborative Communities, Inc.
103 Morse Street
Watertown, MA 02172
(617) 923-1300

from Volume 1, Number 1 of the newsletter (Dec. 1992):
The Center for Collaborative Communities (CCC) is an organization whose
purpose is to implement the development of cohousing as well as other
forms of collaborative communities.
This organization was founded by 2 architects experienced in large projects
who would like to offer their expertise in helping core groups with planning
and implementing cohousing projects.  Currently a group interested in an
urban community within Rt. 128 has been meeting since September.  The
group is interested in hearing from others interested in an urban-area
community.

Cohousing Clearinghouse of Greater Boston
64 Wendell St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Stella Tarnay (617) 876-1750
Kim Peaslee (617) 489-3208
Newsletter subscription ($12 individual, $20 family), mail to Stella.

I haven't attended any meetings of this group, but their newsletter has
contained news of the progress of various core groups in eastern Mass.
and adjacent states.  This group is mainly meant as a networking
organization to bring together people interested in forming communities.

--Scott face [at] world.std.com