List server blues
From: Fred H Olson -- WB0YQM (FRED%JWHvx.cis.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 93 20:20 CDT
Listserver blues
                                  Mon  06-07-1993
                                  Fred H. Olson    ( WB0YQM )
                                  1221 Russell Av N
                                  Minneapolis, MN 55411
                                  (612) 588-9532
                                  (Internet: fred%jwh [at] vx.cis.umn.edu)

The list server has a catch 22 situation that occasionally comes up.
It caught the following article from Judy.  I thought I'd explain
problem.

We  have the list server set so that it only distributes articles that
are posted by subscribers.  This was done to prevent 'bounce' messages
from being distributed to all subscribers which did happen early on.
Unfortunately the server sometimes comes up with an address for the
sender of a valid article that is a variation of the one it has on the
list.  Since they are not the same the article gets rejected.  This
will also happen if you send  an article from an account other that
the one that is on the list...
Fred