Re: Llewellyn's 1994 Organic Gardening Almanac
From: apguirard (apguirardmmm.com)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 08:19 CDT
> Our intent is to provide some examples of cohousing groups that
> are pursuing or planning sustainable practices as group
> objectives.  From what I've read on the list, there seems to be
> a lot of groups with an interest in sustainable development.

There seem to me to be two distinct styles of cohousing, urban and
rural.  The rural style seems a lot more to me like the commune
concept than the urban groups, who seem more interested in building
a small-town type of community while remaining close to their place of
employment and other urban attractions.  The former, I think, are the
ones really interested in sustainable development.

Do you feel this is a fair picture?  Comments are welcome...
     ____ ____   ___     Andre Guirard
      /   /__/  / __     2188 Fremont St.       apguirard [at] mmm.com
     /   /  \  /__/      St. Paul, MN 55119