Conference announcement.
From: Fred H Olson -- WB0YQM (FRED%JWHvx.cis.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 93 10:17 CDT

>From Fred Olson , sysop of COHOUSING-L
(fred%jwh [at] vx.cis.umn.edu or fholson [at] uci.com )   :

The following message should have gone out to the list on July 8th
but due to a problem with Joanna's address was

>Rejected message sent to cohousing-l [at] uci.com by MAX.U.WASHINGTON.EDU!JBARE
>follows.

        Hi.  I'm new to the co-housing list, and probably ought to
introduce myself, but I don't really have much to say, other than the usual
boring things about being interested in co-housing and other forms of
intentional communities.

        I do, however, have some information to pass along.  I hope this is
appropriate for the list.  If not, please chastise me and all that.

        This is an official announcement-type thing for a conference
celebrating intentional communities.  If anyone wants more information,
drop me a line.  I've got oodles, some of it accurate.  Feel free to pass
this information along.

        -joanna
        jbare [at] max.u.washington.edu

        ANNOUNCEMENT FOR CELEBRATION

        _International Celebration of Community_  August 26 - 31, 1993 at
The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington: an event to share
resources, technical skills, and experiences from intentional comunities,
cooperatives, eco-village and cohousing projects.  Program focus is
_building community_ with speakers, over 125 workshops, panels, discussion
groups, educational and commeracial exhibits, entertainment, eco-village
demonstration site, children's program, clowns, music, and more!

        Presenters include:  Dr. Noel Brown, U.N. Environmental Program;
Kirkpatrick Sale, bioregionalist, author _Human Scale_ and _Dwellers in the
Land_; Patch Adams, M.D., clown, author, _Gesundheit!_; Corinne McLaughlin
and Gordon Davidson, authors, _Builders of the Dawn_; Dorothy Maclean,
co-founder Findhorn community in Scotland; Debra Lynn Dadd, author,
_Non-Toxic, Natural, and Earthwise_ and _Non-Toxic Home and Office_;
Caroline Estes, founder, Alpha Farm; comedian Swami Beyondananda; and
recording artists Nancy Rumble and Eric Tinglstad.

        Information:  Celebration
                      PO Box 814
                      Langley, WA 98260
                      (206) 221-3064

P.S. From Fred.  Anyone on the list who goes to this and wants to
distribute or post info about COHOUSING-L ; please let me know...