Re: Publicizing the list
From: Pablo Halpern (phalpernworld.std.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 93 11:54 CDT
On Jul 16, 12:36, Fred H Olson -- WB0YQM wrote:
} ...
}
} {fho: It finally occured to me that Utne reader is based here in Mpls
} so I left a voice mail for Lynette (?) asking for suggestions about
} getting mentioned in Utne.}
} ...

}
} {fho: Another consideration is that we may want cohousing-l to evolve
} into a "virtual community". "Virtual community" is a term I've seen a
} few time and simply refers to an online group forum where people get
} to know each other. It gives some context for messages making them
} more meaningful. This might be easier if cohousing-l stays a list
} rather than a more open newsgroup. A cohousing virtual community
} seems most appropriate. }
}
} ...
}
}-- End of excerpt from Fred H Olson -- WB0YQM

Actually, Utne Reader is on-line.  Also, they have an active E-mail
Salon program, which is very much like the "virtual community" concept
you describe.  This could be an excelent way of publicizing the list.
I have two addresses for them:

salons [at] utnereader.com
utnereader [at] igc.apc.org

I don't have time to follow up on this, but perhaps Fred or Jim could.

--
- Pablo

Pablo Halpern             (508) 435-5274          phalpern [at] world.std.com

I am self-employed, so my opinions *do* reflect those of my employer.
However, they may not reflect the opinions of my client.