MOCOCO timeline for development
From: Judy (BAXTER%EPIVAXvx.cis.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 93 11:51 CDT
I'm curious to know, from people on this net and part of active cohousing
groups, where they are in the development process and how long it's taken to
get there, and estimated time of moving in, if there is one.

I'll start.

Monterey Cohousing started as "monterey" in November, 91, when we first
discovered the property.  But the initial members were mostly drawn from 2
earlier core groups (affiliated with the Network, (umbrella group) that had
started in June, 90) which had essentially merged in working on an earlier site
(the Bryn Mawr site) that fell through.  So the group was well developed, added
some additional people , and put up money to make an offer within a week.  So,
really, I'd say the group had been developing for about 10 months before the
1st offer.  Then it took another 14 months before we bought the property, moved
in almost immediately, and now have been rehabbing, etc. for about 7 months.
We are working on a site plan now for the additional units we hope to have
ready to move into in Sept., 94.

So for me, I had been working actively for almost 3 years when I moved in, and
the 2 "old guard" families who plan to move in in Sept., 94, will have bee
working on it for 4 years by then.
Please, if you can, reply to this with a header identifying your group, not
just the header I put on my message.  For me, that means a message to the list
server, not just a reply to it.

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, Twin Cities Area, Mpls/St.Paul MN
        (Mococo)                baxter%epivax [at] vx.acs.umn.edu