Traffic volume on COHOUSING-L
From: Fred H Olson -- WB0YQM (FRED%JWHvx.cis.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 12:22 CDT
                                  Wed  09-22-1993
                                  Fred H. Olson    ( WB0YQM )
                                  1221 Russell Av N
                                  Minneapolis, MN 55411
                                  (612) 588-9532
                                  (Internet: fred%jwh [at] vx.cis.umn.edu)

A recent article mentioned not wanting to get the high volume of mail
from a listserv.  I can well understand this sentiment having been
deluged when I recently subscribed to COMMUNET -- The Community and Civic
Network Discussion List.

COHOUSING-L has not had that problem but out of curiosity I decided to
see what the level of traffic on this net has been.  We average
somewhere around 30 messages per MONTH (~1/day) with one month (July)
approaching 2 per day and some months considerably less.  Our traffic
has definitely come in spurts - a week or two may go by with few if
any messages and then over a few days we can have a rahs of messages and
replys (typically 10-20 per spurt ??).

I thought users - particularly those that pay per message might find this
interesting.  I'll put something like this in the info file when I get around
to editing it one of these times.

Fred