Re: using hotel/Coh for whom
From: Pablo Halpern (phalpernworld.std.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 17:19 CDT
On Sep 17, 18:32, hollandm [at] math.washington.edu wrote:
} One feature of the APEX that differs from what cohousing ideas I've heard
} here is that the APEX is a limited equity co-op.

It is important to keep in mind that cohousing can exist with many
different ownership structures: condo, coop, limited equity coop,
land trust, etc.  The cohousing concept does not imply any one
structure.  Which structure a group chooses depends on the goals of
the group, availability of financing and legal considerations.
Limited equity coops have been discussed by many groups but are hard
to swing unless you have government subsidy or get your property
exceedingly cheap.  Of course, if affordable housing is a group's
primary purpose, then these might not be considered insurmountable
obsticals.

--
- Pablo

Pablo Halpern             (508) 435-5274          phalpern [at] world.std.com

I am self-employed, so my opinions *do* reflect those of my employer.
However, they may not reflect the opinions of my client.