marketing cohousing
From: Judy (BAXTER%EPIVAXvx.cis.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 93 09:44 CDT
Hi Cohousers-
We at Monterey CoHousing in the Twin Cities are getting ready to "go public" as
we say (until a few months from now, we are too busy with development stuff to
be ready for lots of visitors, which is what we expect.  So, please don't tell
your reporter friends about us yet).  We hope to be ready in a few months - say
January.

But, thinking ahead, I'm looking for the benefit of others' experience in
seeking new members for townhouses getting close to being built.  Does anyone
know how things have gone at existing cohousing communities?  Last I heard
Emeryville had at least one vacancy, and Winslow on Bainbridge Island had two.
How long has it taken to find new members at later stages of the project.  How
do people react?  How long do they need to make decisions?  Any pearls of
wisdom?  Are the best sources of recruits still word of mouth?

Judy

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, Twin Cities Area, Mpls/St.Paul MN
    (Mococo)        baxter%epivax [at] vx.acs.umn.edu
Twin Cities CoHousing Network Voice Mail  930-7580