why ? not in core gp
From: Judy (BAXTER%55317vx.cis.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 12:32 CST
JIm asks_ from Arizona-
Judy-
I'm puzzled by your request. First, why do you only want to know about
people who aren't in a core group? (It seems like people in a core group
would be your most relevant sample, since they've already shown themselves
to be the kind of people who would join a core group.)
----Second, why would responses around the nation be relevant to you? People in
California might be planning to spend a lot. People here in Tucson won't.
But either of those data points would have little relevance for you.
--------
It seems more logical to recruit first and then design a community within
reach of those you've recruited.

Well , that might be logical, but one of the things that seems to be true is
that having a site draws people.  And also, it is hard to define the parameters
of a community with a large group.  And there is economy of scale - common
space is cheaper when shared in a larger group.  So,  we took advantage of a
good prospect, and purchased the property without having all the households we
need.  And more have turned up more slowly than we would like.

We hope to build 16 townhouses to add to our 8 apt-like condos in our coop, of
those, 5 definitely, maybe 6-8 are spoken for.  And of course we know the
people in core groups now, and for one reason or another, they are interested
in other sites or approaches.  Largely $$, I think.  Hence, my questions.

I hope this helps.  This is interesting for me.
Got to get back to work

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, Twin Cities Area, Mpls/St.Paul MN
        (Mococo)                baxter%epivax [at] vx.cis.umn.edu
Twin Cities CoHousing Network Voice Mail  612-930-7580