# adults/common costs
From: Judy (BAXTER%55317VX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 93 16:56 CST
re: Jim's comment about considering adults vs humans-
"I'm not suggesting I _know_ what the _best way_ to allocate commons cost
is. But I wonder why the number of _adults_ instead of the number of _human
beings_ would be the appropriate measure of a family's responsibility for
cost sharing. (Or even the number of _mammals_?) "

I guess our rationale on using # adults rather than # humans is to encourage
rather than discourage families w/ kids.  As far as I remember.

And I find Nancy's comments on costs very interesting.  Now that we have some
large units to cnsider, I suspect MOCOCO may revise its formula.  It 's very
very hard to decide what is FAIR.
JUdy

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, Twin Cities Area, Mpls/St.Paul MN
        (Mococo)                baxter%epivax [at] vx.cis.umn.edu
Twin Cities CoHousing Network Voice Mail  612-930-7580