TANGENTIAL INTEREST IN COHOUSING
From: Fred H Olson -- WB0YQM (FRED%JWHVX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 93 08:58 CST

My interest in co-housing is somewhat tangential.  I live in
a rental apartment with four roommates.  I have been becoming
somewhat frustrated with the high turnover of roomate situations,
no matter how careful we are in selecting people.  I am
interested at this point in exploring situations that have
a higher degree of committment and a more long term
orientation.

I have been considering a home purchase with a smallish
group (4-6) of likeminded people in the city of San Francisco.
The objective here would be not so much to own a home, to
build up equity, or such things, as to be in a stable group
living situation.  I see cohousing as somewhat related to this,
but cohousing is generally more distinct, and cannot work as
easily in an existing house.

Robert

UU.PSI.COM!BRT!ROBERT