From: Trey Wedge (treyhpperf1.cup.hp.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 12:06 CST
> aren't already in a core group). The response NONE is as important or more
> important than yes, some number.
>
> So - the question is - how many households do you know who you think would be
> seriously ready to consider committing to a cohousing community  and could
> afford to buy a unit, (AND the people aren't already in a core group) and some
> idea of the maximum those persons could afford?

      In my opinion this will reflect the relationship that the respondents
      have with their community. In other words, since the choice of housing
      and associated community choices are personal decisions, the answer
      that I give will reflect how personal my relationship is with others
      in my community that are looking for housing.

      That being said, my answer is NONE.

      I can say that most people I talk to about it <I am quite vocal
      about my lifestyle choices>, have a concern about giving up
      privacy <another way to say gaining community>, without any
      significant price savings. If they have a traditional house,
      at a traditional price, then they can create community amoung
      their neighbors. If they have a Co-housing community at a
      traditional price, they still have to create the community,
      but their choices about that are more limited, in terms of
      privacy.The traditional question that occurs is "where's the
      pay-off, if not in reduced price?"

      Sorry if I co-opted the question to voice my concern, but like
      I said, I am quite vocal about these things.

                                                Thanks, trey