Re: Why not?
From: Robert Hartman (hartmaninformix.com)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 18:48 CST
> From: jratliff [at] bpavms.bpa.arizona.edu (Jim Ratliff)
>
> >I think that the idea of breaking up an old Victorian into flats
> >with a common kitchen/lounge/yard might well fit in with the idea of
> >cohousing.
>
> I agree as long as the common kitchen is _in addition to_ a private kitchen
> in each flat. That's what differentiates cohousing from a commune.

Yup!  The picture I have is, say, a three- or four-story Vic with a
significant portion of the ground floor set aside for common use,
including a common sitting room, a formal dining room, a play room for
the kids, 1/2 bath plus shower, and easy access to a yard or garden
with a hot tub and a porch swing.

Each flat would have it's own small kitchen, a breakfast nook, a
sitting room, one full bath for each two-to-three bedrooms, and however
many bedrooms.

-r

  • RE: Why not?, (continued)
    • RE: Why not? Elise Matthesen, November 12 1993
      • Why not? Jerry Callen, November 12 1993
    • Re: Why not? Robert Hartman, November 12 1993
    • Re: Why not? Jim Ratliff, November 12 1993
    • Re: Why not? Robert Hartman, November 12 1993