Re: Quorum definition?
From: Robert Hartman (hartmaninformix.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 12:09 CST
I think it depends on your decision-making process.  If you follow the
conventional majority-vote process, then a quorum should be a sufficient
percentage to make it difficult to hold a secret or stacked meeting.

If you use a consensus process, then a quorum should be a sufficient
percentage to allow everyone's perspective to be represented.  For
instance, if I have a principled disagrement with a proposal on the
agenda and would block approval if I were present, someone who is aware
of that could block that proposal on my behalf while other business could
take place.

-r