Re: Quorum definition
From: Fred H Olson -- WB0YQM (FRED%JWHVX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 13:47 CST
From:   ACSSVX::IN%"cohousing-l [at] uci.com" 15-NOV-1993 13:25
To:     IN%"fred%jwh [at] VX.CIS.UMN.EDU"
CC:     IN%"fred%jwh [at] VX.CIS.UMN.EDU"
Subj:   Error Condition Re: Re: Quorum definition?

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1993 12:24 -0600 (CST)
From: cohousing-l [at] uci.com
Subject: Error Condition Re: Re: Quorum definition?
Sender: cohousing-l [at] uci.com
To: fred%jwh [at] VX.CIS.UMN.EDU
Cc: fred%jwh [at] VX.CIS.UMN.EDU

Rejected message: sent to cohousing-l [at] uci.com by MIT.EDU!WRITINGS follows.
Reason for rejection: sender not subscribed.
Jim asks about defining quorum.
This strikes me as an important question.

The Village group, which consisted of about 30 (maybe even 40) interested
but not committed people, wrestled with defining quorum and never
managed it.
   The urge not to exclude people ended up with no one being included,
with those who showed up at meetings feeling that they could not
make decisions for the entire group, or even draw valid conclusions about
what we, as a group, were looking for. The Village project is currently
stalled. Definitely not dead, but not going anywhere at the moment.

-Von