Re: Quorum definition?
From: BARANSKI (BARANSKIVEAMF1.NL.NUWC.NAVY.MIL)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 93 14:55 CST
From: hartman [at] informix.com (Robert Hartman)

  I think it depends on your decision-making process.  If you follow the
  conventional majority-vote process, then a quorum should be a sufficient
  percentage to make it difficult to hold a secret or stacked meeting.

  If you use a consensus process, then a quorum should be a sufficient
  percentage to allow everyone's perspective to be represented.  For instance,
  if I have a principled disagrement with a proposal on the agenda and would
  block approval if I were present, someone who is aware of that could block
  that proposal on my behalf while other business could take place.

I should think that if you feel strongly against an item on the agenda of a
proposed meeting, it behooves you to be there to represent how you feel.  It's
a lot easier then expecting someone else to represent you accurately.

Jim.