A question for the holidays
From: Nancy Wight (wighthpwarr.wal.hp.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 93 07:00 CST
Here's a timely question our group has been unoficially grappling with for
a few years now:  Should we have any policy about individuals placing
religious/spiritual objects in the common areas of the community?

The obvious manifestation of this would be perhaps having a community
Christmas tree, decorations, etc. in or around the common house.
On one side of this argument are those saying that if people want
to display objects of religious significance, they can do so on their
own property but not in any common space.  On the other side are those
saying why not have objects of any religion be displayed anywhere,
especially for significant holidays.

Has anyone out there run into any creative (or even not so creative)
solutions to this dilemma?

- Nancy Wight
New View Neigborhood Dev., Acton, MA