RE: Baltic Mill
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 93 10:12 CST
Just curious, what town and state? Congratulations.
----------
From:  <netmail!BARANSKI [at] VEAMF1.NL.NUWC.NAVY.MIL>
To: Rob Sandelin
Subject: Baltic Mill
Date: Monday, December 27, 1993 9:15AM

For those of you who have been following the saga, I'm happy to announce that
we have the title (well actually quit-claim deed) to the Baltic Mill.  We were
able to get the Mill virtually for nothing by incorporating as a non-profit
whose purpose is the preservation and restoration of this historic site.

The Baltic Mill is a five story 240,000 SF Granite Textile Mill built around
1900 just north of Norwich CT, on 20+ acres along the Shetucket River National
Heritage Corridor near the rural village of Baltic.

We hope to renovate the Baltic Mill for mixed use, including a 20-24 co-housing
community, museum and visitor center for the Corridor, small businesses, an
artisan's colony, holistic health/retreat center, folk music center, etc.

The next step is to finalize the agreement converting the back taxes into a
long term loan.  Other immediate steps are cleaning up some trash, repairs to
the roof and windows, brush cutting, etc.

Jim Baranski