RE: Help!
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 93 11:08 CST
We were advised by our attorney and also by the realtor and title
company who reviewed our condominium declarations that if we placed
limitations on equity on resale of units it would disqualify us from
FMNA approval.

FMNA approval is important if you are seeking commercial bank
mortgages, and in our case that was key to us continuing our
development.  The way the mortgage stuff works is that banks sell
batches of loans to FMNA to free up capital to loan again.  Unique
loans which can't be bundled, or are not sellable to FMNA must be held
by the bank.  Since the S&L problems there are a bunch of new
regulations which limit the amount of individual loans banks can carry.

I understand there are some special loan programs for "low-income"
housing which allow banks to accept equity limitations. My advise, if
you are looking for commercial bank mortgages, to ask your bank about
what they will or will not accept in the way of limited equity.