waiting lists
From: Judy (BAXTER%55317VX.CIS.UMN.EDU)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 93 16:10 CST
Rob Sandelin wrote:
Puget Ridge Cohousing in Seattle has a waiting list of 12
Sharingwood Cohousing, North of Seattle has a waiting list of 5

Several groups in the area are looking for members so the adage that
the more real it looks the better may apply as both groups above are
building. However, I might also add that much of the work for those
projects is done...... Hmmm. Coincidence or not?  I wonder how many
people are into the ideal and want to live it but can't committ two
years (or more) of meetings to make it happen?  Probably lots,

I'm curious about those waiting lists - how committed are the people? Any
 financial commitment?  What does it mean to be on the waiting list? Are the
people involved at all?

New View also has waiting lists - and I'm not sure how close they are to
building.
Judy

Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, Twin Cities Area, Mpls/St.Paul MN
        (Mococo)                baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
Twin Cities CoHousing Network Voice Mail  612-930-7580