RE: waiting lists
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 93 16:52 CST
I don't know about Puget Ridge's list. At Sharingwood to be on the
waiting list you have to put up $100 a year and attend 3 meetings, sign
the commitments and principles and are expected to be active on at
least 1 small group.  Since these people are working on creating the
second phase of the project, actively doing work on the design and such
I'd say they are pretty committed, although the exact costs will
determine the fate of a couple of them.  Being on the waiting list
assures them of the right of first refusal on a unit, in order they
join. I think a couple of them are being unrealistic about what they
can afford, a common disease amoung the cohousing idealists and a sad
situation in many groups.  The cost of developing cohousing is
typically big bucks, especially in our area where there are so many
development regulations which have large costs (such as traffic surveys
and PRD amendments etc. etc. etc.)