PAYING MEMBERS
From: brett . koller (brett.kollerindex.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 19:19:04
What if there was a way that the community could generate income as a whole and
then use that money to pay people for the services that they perform?  What I'm
talking about is this: Every single household has to purchase consumer goods,
things like toilet paper, toothpaste, trash bags, make up, tires for their car,
clothes....evrything.  What if we could set up a business whereby each
household would list what they need for the coming week or month and then put
it all together with the other households and then have all of this delivered
right to the community meeting house?  Let me list the advantages to this plan
and how it generates income for the community.

Primarily when you use this type of plan EVERYONE saves somewhere around 30-40%
on everything that they purchase.  This isn't a joke.  What happens here is
that we eliminate a few of the middle men involved and keep all of the savings
ourselves.  This means big savings but that is just the tip of the iceberg.  In
addition to the vast savings that the community would realize at the end of the
month all of the volume of business that everyone ordered is added up and then
the people involved are given a bonus at the end of the month.  This is free
money just for changing your buying habits and when a lot of people are
involved, let's say about 20 families, the money is substantial.  Somewhere in
the range of 4000 dollars would be available at the end of the month.  This
money could be used to pay people for their services or just for improving the
community.
I would like to say that this system generates somewhere in the range of 5
billion dollars worth of business so this isn't some fly by night plan.  This
works when one person gets involved or 100 people get involved.  It just makes
sense to eliminate as many people in the process as possible and considering
the level of cooperation in the cohousing community this seems like something
to consider.

I would like feedback on this idea.  If anyone is interested I can send some
information about the entire process and how to tie into this money
saving/making machine.  If you want to reach me directly my internet address is
brett.koller [at] index.com

Once again, the community buys as a whole and saves 30%.  After this they
receive a check at the end of the month depending upon what was spent.  And
remember, everything, your toilet paper, toothpaste, laundry detergent, trash
bags, food, clothes.....all of it is delivered right to your door.  For the
cohousing community this seems like the answer to the "credits/money/payment"
problem.