Re: Personal Crusade - "units"
From: Fred H. Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 94 12:51:39 CST
On Sat, 26 Feb 94 10:17 CST,
tommoench [at] aol.com  <cohousing-l [at] uci.com> wrote:

>I am on a personal crusade to expunge a particular word from the vocabulary
>of our cohousing group members and now my crusade goes to the NET.
>

>I Do Not Live in a Unit

I think I used the term "unit" in a recent post here and it was chosen as
a reasonable compromise I think.  It is short for "housing unit".
The existing housing on Andersen Lane consists of a combination
of 6 single family houses and 6 buildings with 2, 3 or 4 apartments.
Units happens to be one of the few terms that I can think of that
easily allows counting both.

BTW I have seen criticism in the other direction for refering to
something like "newly built homes" rather than "newly built houses"
(they only become homes when they are occupied appropriately).

>Has a similar attitude befallen WCG?

What is WCG ?  Tom, did you write this for a local newsletter or
something?