re:Annual costs - charging residents and/or owners
From: andre (a.n.) vellino (vellinobnr.ca)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 09:46:00 +0000 [/PRMD=BNR/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/C=CA/;bcars735.b.624:11.02.94.14.47.03]
Ian from Cascade CoHousing asked about categorising the costs of
*running* a cohousing group between owners and residents.

The cohousing group that I belong to (Terra Firma in Ottawa, Ontario,
we're still in the preliminary, organizational phase) is struggling
with a similar question: what is the appropriate "legal" status of
different types of people in a cohousing group?

For example, if both owners and renters are full members, do they have
the same say in decisions that might affect the net worth of property
(something that money-lenders might be concerned about, especially if
the decision making process is consensus-based)?

Should cohousing groups that have both owners and renters have two
categories of "members" that have different responsibilities and
obligations (w.r.t. the law)?

Cheers -- Andre'

Andre' Vellino
vellino [at] bnr.ca