Re: RE- the politics of co-h
From: IAN_HIG (IAN_HIGantdiv.gov.au)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 16:23 CST
STEVE OF Rose Tree Cohousing writes
regarding finding consensus about a name
"Gather a list of possibilities
If any body *really dosn't like" a choice, strike it from the list"

I don't like this approach to consensus because it gives to much pwer
to negative rather than positive feelings.  If some one feels
passionately for a name (or whatever) then this should count equally
with the feelings of someone who passionately dislikes a name (or
what ever).  Removing options that are strongly disliked risks the
"lowest common denominator" solution, ie that everone can live with
but no one really wants.

Another approach might be to try ans seek agreement on the principle
Another approach might be to try ans seek agreement on the principle

On second thoughts I won't put forward other options just now.

Regards Hig.

Cascade CoHousing                               Ian_hig [at] antdiv.gov.au