cohousing experiments
From: JENSEN DEBRA (jensenmhd1.moorhead.msus.edu)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 94 17:48 CST
        I found it intereting to read the various comments regarding this
experimental way of life in the U.S..  One thing though, is that I
believe that it will take quite a few years for this type of living to
become acceptable in this country.  One reason is that our culture is
designed to live separately from one another, and not bother with the
people around us.  I lived in Denmark for one year and from my
experiences, the reason a program like this works is because from day one
children are taught to think of their surroundings as "shared".
Therefore, the Danes seem to take more care and have respect for their
environment and their fellow counrymen.  This tiny country in northern
Europe has set some great examples that other cultures should take
advantage of.