Re: Sorry, no more mail... (Baranski)
From: Fred H. Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 94 14:57:45 CST
On Thu, 7 Apr 94 10:06 CDT,
BARANSKI [at] VEAMF1.NL.NUWC.NAVY.MIL  <cohousing-l [at] uci.com> wrote:

>I regret to say that I have to leave the Co-Housing Mailing List...
>
>My Employer is taking a dim view of non work related computer usage, so I am
>setting my membership on mailing lists to non-active...
>
>It's been fun...
>
>You can still reach me at:
>
>Jim Baranski
>Baltic Village Viancy
>16 Hammond Ave
>Norwich CT 06360
>203-889-4968

I for one will miss Jim's contributions - he's been among the top
few contributors to the list.  I dont know where Jim works but
it seems a rather short sighted policy to limit non-work use of
the net.  A more reasonable policy would seem to better promote
employee morale and productivity in the long run.  The marginal
cost of email is so small as to be difficult to calculate.
If they are concerned about how the employee uses their time,
I'd ask if there is a policy about phone use.

Fred