Re: BUILDING MATERIALS RESEAR
From: Sue C Salem (scsworld.std.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 1994 01:09:44 -0400 (EDT)
This is a follow-up to my original posting about research on siding
options.  A few people asked why I specified no brick or stucco.  Our
houses have already gone through the preliminary design phase, and
neither brick nor stucco are appropriate for the style (which is sort of
updated "New England" -- though other New View folks might have a better
description).  Despite not fitting aesthetically, we did briefly discuss
brick and stucco and were also under the impression that it was not the
most cost effective option.

Someone informed me today that there are Usenet newsgroups devoted to
homebuilding.  Do any of you have knowledge about the name or content of
such a newsgroup?

-- Sue Cunio Salem