Re: Membership sale agreement questions
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 94 13:44 CDT
Stephen Hawthorne  asks:

>Why are you using a local land trust rather than a larger one like the Nature
>Conservancy, for example?

We haven't ruled out the Nature Conservancy, although they have a much
different mission, which is to protect "biologically significant"
areas, so I doubt they would be interested in our greenbelt which is
just a garden variety NW woods with a small amount of wetland.  We also
we want to write binding covenants which give us control over use (such
as building trails, maintaining our campground, etc. ) and having a
local land trust might make it easier to do these things, although I
don't know how the decision structure of NC works on the local level.
When we actually get around to finishing up all the decisons the group
needs to make, we do intend to ask the NC about what they could do for us.