Re: Right of first refusal
From: Nancy Wight (wightwal.hp.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 15:01 CDT
> Someone mentioned that the right of first refusal upon sale could be
> used to good effect here.  If a cohousing group does a good job of
> marketing itself, it may well have a waiting list of congenial
> members waiting to buy.  If the association has some equity, it
> may buy the unit itself and remarket it when a member needs to sell
> in a hurry and can't find a buyer that fits the community.

This is what New View is planning to do.  We have been told by our
lawyers that this would be OK, and is the only control we can have
over resales.

-Nancy Wight, New View Neighborhood Development, Acton MA

Nancy Wight                                               (508) 659-4974
New View Neighborhood Development, Acton, MA            wight [at] wal.hp.com