Help/ covenants&bylaws
From: Fred H Olson WB0YQM (fholsonmaroon.tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 1 May 94 18:47 CDT
Message author: INFO-GW.MESE.COM!VANILLA Gareth Fenley
Posted by the COHOUSING-L sysop.

Hello everyone... This is Gareth Fenley in Atlanta.  I have asked Fred
our dear sysop to post this for me, because I seem to have a technical
bug preventing me from posting.  Please reply to me at
"vanilla [at] info-gw.mese.com" ....  and NOT to Fred.  Thank you.

I am very close to making a commitment to buy into a cohousing project in
Atlanta!!!  It's exciting.  The project will have 12 newly built
townhouse units and a great common house on a small urban site.  It's
called Lake Claire Cohousing... was profiled in the last issue of the
Cohousing magazine.

HELP NEEDED!

Can anyone please send me copies of things called:
(1) "townhouse covenants" and
(2) "homeowners association bylaws."

While I am not sure exactly what they are, I am told that the project
needs to get examples of them immediately so we can develop our own.  The
project has not obtained a loan for construction, after spending a lot of
time working with a credit union that wanted to help us but it turned out
they cannot do so within their charter.  So we are dealing with banks we
don't have a relationship with... and of course this being the South and
not somewhere hip like Oregon, they all can be expected to be fairly
conservative.  I'm told that the covenants and bylaws will be a key part
of the presentation --- if that's really true then we really better get
right to this!!

Please reply to:
vanilla [at] info-gw.mese.com
or to:
Gareth Fenley
PO Box 18286
Atlanta, GA 30316

P.S.  I am also extremely interested in getting an archive of the threads
from this mailing list.  I have only e-mail access, not ftp and all that
good stuff.  And my fellow co-housers do not have online access of any
kind.  Is an old-fashioned paper version available?

Thanks so much to everyone.  Hope to be going from passive interest to
active ownership and participation very soon!!!

Information Gateway - Public Access Usenet and Email - +1 404-928-7873
Please reply to:  vanilla [at] info-gw.dragon.com, vanilla [at]
info-gw.atl.ga.us
                  vanilla [at] info-gw.mese.com