How much of a premium will you pay for cohousing ?
From: Jim Salem (salemeinstein.exa.com)
Date: Tue, 3 May 94 15:11 CDT
New View Cohousing is facing rising development costs.  It appears likely
that homes in our development will cost at least 5% to 10% or more over
their appraised value.  How easy will it be to attract new members at these
prices ?

Few would argue that cohousing provides a benefit not yet accounted for by
most appraisers.  However, I would like to understand how much of a premium
potential cohousers would be willing to pay.

Would you be willing to pay 5% over appraised value ?  10% ?
In dollars, would you be willing to pay $10,000 more ? $20,000 more ?

Please comment.

Thanks in advance,

-- Jim Salem
salem [at] exa.com