Re: Cohousing and the future: training leaders
From: Kevin Wolf (dcn00056dale.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu, 5 May 94 09:22 CDT

Hi everyone,

We notice the same leadership phenomena at the N St. CoHousing
Community.  Some of us came to the community with skills.  Others have
gained them here through our consensus meeting process and other
activities.  We rotate facilitators which means every adult gets to
practice.  The more who have experienced the role, the easier the
meetings are.

A number of community members have ended up being the most skilled person
in their outside non-profit groups and have a similar experience in terms
of becoming leaders.  The kids know a tremendous amount about meetings
for thier age because of their experience sitting in adult community
meetings and their own regular Kids meetings.  Their vocabulary alone  is
astonishing.

I agree with the thinking that CoHousing will help our overall society
because as we practice living together, we gain skills that are powerful
and useful for society at large.

---
Kevin Wolf
724 N St