Re: food service
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (stuartslandau.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon, 16 May 94 15:39 CDT
At N-St. we also find that we eat buffet style 95% of the time.  Occasionally
someone gets inspired to put in the extra effort and have everything on the
tables at the outset, but it's more of a pain (for all the reasons in David
Hungerford's thorough discussion of the topic).  Drinks are the only thing
that we habitually put out on the tables.  It's been pretty much the same
system ever since we started having community meals (five years ago? - I wasn't
here that early.  When the community was much smaller there were potlucks
instead of community meals, I believe.)  Lining up is sometimes a pain.

Stuart Staniford-Chen.
N-Street Cohousing.