cooking and time
From: Laura Bagnall (Laura_Bagnallterc.edu)
Date: Fri, 20 May 94 12:49 CDT
 Subject    cooking and time

The discussion of kitchen equipment reminded me of another question
that I have about cooking for a cohousing community.  How long on
average does it take to prepare food for 60 (to pick a number) people?
If one supposes that the majority of adults in a cohousing community
work full-time (aside: is this a valid assumption?), when do those
people find time to cook?  Do you end up having people take a
half-day off of work once or twice a month, and work late other
days to make up for it?  Is it generally harder to find cooks on
weekdays versus weekends?  My last experience with cooking for large
groups of people was when I lived in a house of 30 students as an
undergraduate.  I would only sign up on days when I didn't have any
late-afternoon classes, and I would start around 3pm.

Laura Bagnall
NWIS Cohousing
Arlington, MA