Salmonella
From: ez048105 (ez048105dale.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 00:02 CDT
TO:  Rob Sandelin
From:  Greg Jorgensen, N Street Cohousing
Your salmonella statistic is quite interesting since many people believe
that meat should not be cut on wood boards.  Could you emsil me the
reference source for the info?  Also, it would be nice to know the time
frame for "5 times longer".  If the time frame is several hours it may
not make a difference.  Also, do you happen to know how easy it is to
wash off the bacteria.  Either way, I clean my board (wood or plastic)
well after cutting any type of meat.  Some of this is out of sensitivity
for the resident vegitarians.

                        Thanks, Greg