RE: Salmonella
From: Rob Sandelin (robsanmicrosoft.com)
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 10:15 CDT
No I don't have the source anymore, I remember it only because it was
not what I expected.  The time frame was 48 hours.  I also remember it
because the people doing the study were also surprised and they could
not account for what agent within the wood cutting boards was killing
the bacteria.

Other sources have posted that they can and do put plastic cutting
boards in the dishwasher to sterilize them which would of course trash
wood boards.