Re: wood v. plastic cutting boards
From: Richard A. Lynch (rlynchhawk.depaul.edu)
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 17:56 CDT
Hey everyone,

About wood and palstic cutting boards:  Although the study mentioned
(I read it in the New York Times, which is definitely indexed for
searching) that wood is actually safer than plastic, these findings
won't be much help if you are subject to state Health Dept. inspections.

In the student housing co-op I lived in in Texas, we were subject to
semiannual health dept. inspections because we were considered a hotel
according to their classification scheme.  And the law said that we had
to have plastic cutting boards... because they're safer than wood.  So
even if we showed the inspector this article, we'd still lose 5 points
for the violation!

So it goes.
Richard

|  Richard A. Lynch              |  "The philosophers have only         |
|  rlynch [at] hawk.depaul.edu        |      interpreted the world,          |
|  DePaul Univ. Law Library      |      the point is to change it."     |
|  25 E. Jackson, Chicago 60604  |           --Karl Marx                |