Re: Mt. Shasta CA Community Forming
From: David G Adams (dadamsworld.std.com)
Date: Mon, 23 May 94 20:14 CDT

>          EARTH CAMP ONE--FORREST HOMESTEAD SITES AVAILABLE--WE NEED TO AC
> NOW
> Earth Camp One 80 acres of lake, springs, forest, medows and creeks locate
> near the beuatiful Mt. Shasta in Northern are bieng purchased by a
> corporation which plans to build a lodge, kitchen and bath house on the
> property.  One-half acre homesteads are now availabe for sale of private
> "homesteads" secured by a 99 year lease.  Homesteads will offer a gated
> community with private lake, extremelely pure water supply and recreationa
> opportunities.   Purchase of the first 20 homesteads will be only $15,000
> paid over a five year period.  A gathering of interested parties will occu
> on Memorial Day Weekend.  If you interested, contact EXSTASYM [at] AOL.COM or
> Steve Kubby at 916 581-1115 for a free prospectus.

I don't know who you are or what your relationship is to this endeavor, but
you're knocking on the wrong doors mailing this to the CoHousing list.
Cohousing is a concept in which people grow to know and love one another,
and work together to build a community which works because of the closeness
of its inhabitants.  A gated community with a recreational center and a
private lake bought by a corporation and sold to strangers over a weekend
does not constitute cohousing, has nothing to do with cohousing, and should
be kept off of the cohousing list.

This is just my opinion, of course, but I don't think it's mine alone.

Thank you.

Dave Adams
NWIS Cohousing

  |\/\/\/|  David G. Adams