Re: Mt Shasta Community announcement
From: ExstasyM (ExstasyMaol.com)
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 12:34 CDT
Judy Baxter, Monterey Cohousing Community, (MoCoCo)
Twin Cities Area, Minneapolis/St.Paul Minnesota
e-mail: baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu writes

>I think that the word _gated_  may be a major part of the >reaction received
-
>cohousers tend to want more open connections to the >community.  AND this
sounds
>to me like it is intended as a vacation community?  Can't >really tell.  But
in
>form, I think we have to admit some parallels to Cohousing.

The reason for the gates is that one of the purposes of this cooperative
project is to offer shelter from the violent crazy world which you call the
"community"